Come and find out more about us
What we do? What courses are we running? What’s different about Re-Vision? Who comes to Re-Vision?
We have had a great deal of interest in our introductory events and in our training this year, so if you’d like to book onto anything, please do get in touch as soon as you can.
Your first step would probably be a Taster Evening. The next one is on Tuesday 3rd December. (Apologies that the taster planned for 7th October has been cancelled). These evenings start with a presentation about the Re-Vision approach and a short exercise to give you a taste of our inside-out learning style. There will be an opportunity to ask questions of the introductory team (which will include at least one graduate of our training). Light refreshments will be available.
We also hold Heart and Soul days: a full day workshop providing an experiential opportunity to find out about Re-Vision and our style of training. The next one of these will be held on Saturday 19th October.
Full details and future dates for both sets of events can be found on the introductory events page.
Our four/five day ‘Transitions’ courses usually run from a Thursday evening to a Monday afternoon four times a year and are held at our centre near Queens Park. You can attend this course as one-off personal development opportunity, but attendance at Transitions is a prerequisite for those who want to attend our professional training. In Spring 2020 we are running an additional Transitions course as a residential event at the beautiful Ammerdown Centre near Bath. See the Transitions page under the Events menu for more details.of all these courses.
Call or email the office to book your place at any of the above events.
More information about our training can also be found throughout the website, under the Training and the Event main menu headings above as well as our videos around the site – or collected together on our video page under ‘About Us’.
Who comes to Re-Vision? Training at Re-Vision, or just taking a short course with us, is for anyone who is looking to those explore their own journey, for professionals seeking deeper meaning and quality training, those in a life transition or crisis or those on a spiritual path who realise a need to ground awareness. Benefits include insight into your purpose and direction, healing wounds within a holding space, relating more authentically, a deeper acceptance of both the talented and the shadow aspects of yourself and better capacity for empathy and for working effectively with others.
Past students have said:
• “I have felt held with respect and integrity.”
• “The high quality of training has shown itself throughout enabling me to noticeably improve my client work.”
• “The seminars were inspiring and meaningful.”
• “Things were spoken that I have always felt but never articulated.”
Re-Vision is an established yet innovative centre for training in counselling and psychotherapy. We are members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) who accredit the counselling training and the psychotherapy training respectively. It is a registered charity established in 1988.
After 30 years of delivering high quality training in the craft of soul-making, in order to meet the needs of a changing world, we believe that counselling and psychotherapy are vital for transformation in troubled times.
The theoretical approach pioneered at Re-Vision uses a circular re-visioning of the pre-ego-trans model from the work of Ken Wilber as a framework to integrate concepts from Jungian, Gestalt, relational, psychodynamic, neuroscience, body psychotherapy and family systems theory as well as developmental and archetypal psychology. Through this, we combine a spiritual perspective with down-to-earth high quality therapeutic skills.
We place a high value on the sense of community generated within the student and graduate body, whilst also seeking to reach out to the wider community of which we are a part, through our programmes of personal and professional development and the work of our Low Cost Counselling Service. We are fortunate to have Thomas Moore, author of ‘Care of the Soul’ as our patron. See his comments on Community below.
Click the link for Re-Vision’s access statement
Our low-cost counselling service is listed on: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/
Re-Vision has signed up to the UKCP Humanistic and Integrative psychotherapy college’s Environmental, sustainability and Climate Change Guidelines. We agree that:
‘To be a psychologically aware human being in our society today means to embrace the ecological inter-connectedness of all things and to know with every breath we take that we are dependent on this living system of our environment.’ See HERE for the full statement.
Professional Training and Other Courses
Re-Vision provides professional training and offers short courses for both personal and professional development, introductory events, and a low-cost counselling service. The counselling training starts every autumn and applications are welcome throughout the spring and summer.
Courses are first and foremost experiential, with an emphasis on self-discovery. In therapeutic education, too early an emphasis on skills can encourage the student to use techniques as a defence against the anxiety of being in the inevitable uncertainty of the counselling situation. In this training, both theoretical perspectives and the development of counselling skills are initially presented in an implicit experiential way and only later made explicit. This building on inner experience is part of the ‘inside-out’ learning method in which students integrate skills into their own reality rather than using them as technical means to an end.
If you train with us we ask you to take our transitions course before you apply. Not only will the course give you a real taste of our experiential training method and help you confirm if Re-Vision is the right place for you, but it also runs as a stand-alone self development course which is hugely appreciated whether or not you go on to our full professional training.
- For training in counselling (BACP accredited) and in psychotherapy (UKCP accredited)
- For personal development and introductory events
- For professional development workshops
- For Supervision
- For Working with Couples
- For Group Facilitation
Re-Vision is a registered charity established in 1988 as a counselling and psychotherapy training centre. It has an experienced training group who share much of the responsibility for Re-Vision’s ongoing development.
See Who is Who at Re-Vision for more about our trainers
Recent Blog Posts
- 29 Oct 2019Goodbye to SummerAutumn is the season of slowing down, and gathering in. It’s the time of bidding ‘goodbye’ to the swallows, the roses, the long balmy evenings, and the mornings when sunlight pours through the curtains long before it’s time to get up. No wonder it is the season which has long...
- 09 Jul 2019The soul-web of a dahlia, inspired on Father’s DayIn November 2017 my father died at the age of 86. He had been increasingly physically disabled for several years, but paradoxically healthy, when he had a sudden stroke one Saturday evening. After a few days in which he appeared to be stable, his condition deteriorated and he entered the active phas...
- 02 Aug 2019Supervision with Soul 2020We’ve updated the 2020 Supervision with Soul training for qualified therapists who wish to develop their supervisory skills within an integrative and transpersonal perspective. Do check out our web page on Supervision under the ‘Professional Training’ tab here The training starts at the beginning of February....
- 10 Jul 2019Transitions at Ammerdown near BathFor anyone who has been thinking about taking our Transitions course either in order to apply for our training or as a stand alone personal development course, we have excellent news. We have often been asked if we can make the course residential, so we have listened and come up with an additional Transitions to […]...
- 09 May 2019Robert Romanyshyn at Re-Vision on 6th JulyRobert is well known to Re-Vision’s staff and graduates. We are very lucky to welcome him to London again on Saturday 6th July to run a full-day seminar based around his new book, ‘Victor Frankenstein, The Monster and the shadows of technology: The Frankenstein prophecies’. Check out the events page on this site for more […]...
- 08 Mar 2019Transformation in Troubled Times – the bookIn September 2018 we launched ‘Transformation in Troubled Times’, Re-Vision’s book that has been 30 years in the making. The recent (March 2019) edition of the Psychotherapist contains a review of the book by Graham Music, and do check out Transformational Press, the publisher or Amazon, to see more reviews and to buy a copy. […]...
“When does an organisation become a community? When it has heart, warmth, connection, intelligence, vision, and humor. I find all these qualities in Re-Vision, a community with which I am happy to be associated. It embodies values of soul and spirit that are often talked about but not lived. Small and beautiful, it gives life and promise to London and to all other places on the globe looking for inspiration.”
Thomas Moore, author of ‘Care of the Soul’ and patron of Re-Vision.
Re-Vision is a member of the European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy. Amongst many other benefits, this membership allows our psychotherapy graduates to apply to them for the European Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy or apply via them and UKCP for the more widely recognised European Certificate of Psychotherapy.